Airline executives like to lose years of their lives thanks to Covid-19.
Gary Leff at 16. March 2021.
I get paid for the content and the many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as are American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. All opinions expressed in this article are my own and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by my advertisers. I’m not going to tell you about all the credit cards available, but I will tell you about miles, points and cashback (and the currencies that can be converted into them). The terms and conditions apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
Internet News and Notes
- How many years of life will airline executives lose to the pandemic? The steady downturn in the industry seems to be costing CEOs an average of a year and a half of their lives.
- The 5x Chase Freedom FlexSM Quarterly Rewards (up to $1,500 for eligible combined purchases) are gas stations and appliance stores . Registration is required. This card offers a $200 bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. While these points are not directly transferable to airline or hotel programs, you can transfer them to a Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve account and from there to an account with a participating airline or hotel loyalty program. I want to earn 5 points per dollar spent in various categories that I can transfer to United, Singapore or Hyatt as well as other Chase partners.
- The 500 Hyatt bonus points per night at new hotels are doubled if you check out the first night. From April to 30. From June to 1,000 points per night. This was accompanied by the announcement that Las Alcobas would be transformed into Alila Napa Valley, Hyatt’s 1,000th hotel.
- American Express is offering up to the 15th. June 2021: 40% bonus on Hilton transfers. You earn 2.8 Hilton points per Amex point. I value Hilton points at $0.004 each, so I think this bonus is worth 1.1 cents per Amex point – not nearly enough for me to actively transfer. However, if you only need to top up your account to get a certain bonus, the value you can get out of the offer may be higher.
- In addition, there are up to 15. In June 2021, a 40% transfer bonus from Marriott Membership Rewards earns you 1,400 Marriott points for every 1,000 Amex points. It’s not a good deal, you’re probably getting less than a penny for a fraction of the cost of your hard earned membership rewards – although it can be useful in some areas to supplement a particular reward if you don’t want to or can’t buy the points you need.
- Breeze Airways’ cabin crew will be based in Charleston, South Carolina, and eventually in other cities such as Panama City and Tampa, Florida. The last airline with a hub in South Carolina was Hooters Air.
Embraer 195 in Breeze Airways livery, Credit: Breeze Airways
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® – 65,000 AAdvantage miles.
See more of wing
Leave a comment
Editor’s note: Any opinions, analyses, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any card issuer. Any comments made in response to this notice are not made by or on behalf of any bank, nor are they reviewed, approved or endorsed by any bank. Citibank, Chase, American Express, Barclays, Capital One or any other advertiser is also not responsible for answering questions. The conditions and restrictions apply to all offers.
Privacy settings,How Search works,american airlines,covid-19 effect on airlines,covid-19 effects on airline industry,aviation industry after covid-19,impact of covid-19 on airline industry in the world,airline industry after coronavirus,impact of lockdown on aviation industry,effect of pandemic on airlines