Avanti Destinations announced that it now offers FIT individual tours and group tours to Egypt, which are currently open to U.S. travelers. A new 52-page electronic brochure, titled Essence of Egypt 2021-2022, is available on the tour operator’s agency portal to be shared with clients.
The e-brochure provides advice on travel times to Egypt, visa compliance options, and new product descriptions: Five customizable voyages, six destinations, 19 hotels and 38 experiences and activities, as well as 11 different four- and five-star luxury ships for Nile cruises from three to twelve nights on four itineraries. Advisors can add or subtract objectives, activities and the number of days to each trip based on the client’s specific interests and preferences.
New ways and experiences
Egyptian destinations offered by Avanti include
DAILY NEWS AND TRANSACTION NEWSLETTER
What’s the story? Sign up to receive daily news and promotions!
Learn about the latest product launches, offers, promotions and executive appointments. Don’t forget to subscribe to this free daily newsletter.
- Cairo, the largest city in the Arab world, next to Memphis, the first capital of ancient Egypt.
- Alexandria, founded by Alexander the Great, is still the second largest city in the country, with the modern Library of Alexandria and a Mediterranean atmosphere.
- Luxor, on the site of ancient Thebes, the capital at the height of ancient Egypt in the Middle and New Kingdoms and home to the temples of Karnak and Luxor, among others.
- Aswan, once a southern border city between Egypt and the African kingdom of Nubia, is now the site of Abu Simbel, the twin temples built by Ramses the Great and moved before the Aswan Dam flooded the original site.
- Berber oasis of Siwa, better known as the site of the temple of the oracle Amun, whom Alexander the Great consulted to gain the right to rule Egypt.
- The modern resort of Hurghada on the Red Sea, with its coral reefs in the open sea and opportunities for snorkeling, diving, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Of the 38 new activities and experiences, almost all are private (think : Visits to the pyramids, sphinxes, temples and museums. Options include the new Great Egyptian Museum (opening later this year); a private tour of Cairo’s Coptic Christian and Jewish sites; a private dinner at a local Cairo home; and sound and light shows (with private transfer) at various monuments and temples; A private birding excursion around the Qatari Nile Islands; a private tour of Nubian villages; a private sunset safari in the desert in a 4×4 vehicle to a hot and cold spring; and a private tour on a traditional felucca sailboat to the botanical gardens of Aswan. All private tours and excursions are accompanied by a local, English speaking guide, and for visits to ancient monuments the guide is an Egyptologist.
For more information, visit book.avantidestinations.com or call 1-800-422-5053.
The Spanish collection and visits to Casablanca complete the opulent experience.
Trafalgar will take the civil rights route in the southern United States.
The brands of the Globus family adapt their safety rules before the trip.
Tauck will be touring again for the first time since March 2020.
frequently asked questions
Is it safe to travel to Egypt with a group of tourists?
Stay away from large crowds, especially during demonstrations. Egypt is now safe to visit, but these places are not for tourists! Don’t go diving on the cheap.
What is the best tour operator in Egypt?
Top Tour Operators in Egypt (updated 2021) – Nomadic Matt
How much does an average trip to Egypt cost?
How much does a trip to Egypt cost? – We have the money.