Holland America has been slowly rebuilding its fleet by adding a few ships, including three upcoming vessels, of which their newest, Amsterdam, started sailing this past fall. This cruise ship will carry guests on five-day, three-night Western Caribbean itineraries departing from Tampa, Florida, Sarasota, Florida, and Port Canaveral, Florida, and calling at Key West, Florida, and Cozumel, Mexico.
Cruising is an all-American passion, with hundreds of thousands of tourists sailing from the U.S. every year. However, the U.S. is no longer the epicenter of ship travel. Holland America’s latest move is to return to the U.S. waters. This includes the introduction of three new ships – the ms Eurodam, ms Koningsdam and ms Oosterdam. The new ships will be the first to sail from the U.S. waters in 2014.
Holland America announced the resumption of its sailing program from the United States in early September. The company will be operating six ships from its two homeports in New York and Seattle, with two new ships debuting in Seattle and New York. The new ships will be comprised of the MS Zalianty, MS Veendam and MS Noordam, which will be sailing from the Port of New York and Port of Seattle respectively.. Read more about holland america cancelled cruises and let us know what you think.Holland America has unveiled plans for six cruise ships to depart from the United States this fall. Two ships will depart from the West Coast and four from Florida.
This news comes as cruise lines plan to safely resume operations, according to cleanup protocols. Holland America has already announced that it will resume cruises from Seattle to Alaska in July.
The Carnival cruise line is preparing for a major return to service with six cruise ships this fall. The Koningsdam and Zuiderdam will be homeported in the port of San Diego, California from September 2021.
The Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Nieuw Statendam and the brand new Rotterdam will depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, offering a variety of Caribbean cruises as well as calls to the private island of Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.
Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line, said:
San Diego has always been a great home port for our ships, and we look forward to reopening on the West Coast with two ships for the extended season, including the debut of the Koningsdam on these itineraries, and cruises to our hometown in California that our guests will enjoy.
We were also excited to announce our plans for the Caribbean and are very pleased to have four ships in the region, including our new Rotterdam. Cruises are coming back, and with ships slated for those cruises in 2021, we’re making sure we can offer guests exactly the experience they remember and expect. We’re ready to go!
Holland America Line cruises are intended for guests who have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to departure. This is in line with the trend with other cruise lines, who also require customers to provide proof of full vaccination, even outside of Florida.
Photo courtesy of : Holland America Line
Cruises from San Diego:
- Zuiderdam: From 18. September 2021 to the 22nd. April 2022: 17 cruises from San Diego – eight to Mexico, four to the California coast, three to Hawaii and two through the Panama Canal.
- Koningsdam: 10. October 2021 to 3. April 2022: 23 cruises from San Diego – 15 cruises to Mexico, six coastal cruises to California and two cruises to Hawaii.
- The seven-day cruises along the California coast include a new itinerary with stops in Catalina, Santa Barbara and San Francisco with an overnight stay, and Ensenada, Mexico. Other California Coast Classic cruises have stops in Santa Barbara, San Francisco and Avalon, as well as Ensenada.
- A new 21-day Panama Canal cruise aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam, from Seattle, Washington, to Fort Lauderdale, departs on the 2nd. October and includes stops in San Diego, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Fuerte Amador (Panama City), Panama City, Oranjestad, Aruba, and Half Moon Cay.
- All seven-day Mexican Riviera cruises include three Mexican ports: Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.
- Mexico and Sea of Cortez itineraries range from nine to 12 days and include stops in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, Guaymas, Topolobampo, Pichilingue (La Paz) and Loreto, Mexico.
- Circle Hawaii cruises last 17 or 18 days and call at the Hawaiian ports of Lahaina, Hilo, Honolulu, Naviliwili and Kona, as well as Ensenada.
- Two 14-day cruises through the Panama Canal from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale on the ship Zuiderdam will take place on the 2nd and 30th. January 2022.
Cruises from Fort Lauderdale:
- New Amsterdam: 23. October 2021 at 7:00. April 2022: 24 cruises in the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. All itineraries are seven days, with the exception of a nine-day holiday cruise that departs on the 30th. December expires.
- Rotterdam: 3. November 2021 to 10. April 2022: The ship begins its inaugural Caribbean season with a series of 22 cruises ranging from three to 11 days, calling at a wide range of Caribbean ports.
- Eurodam: from 14. november 2021 until 10. April 2022: 15 cruises, including 12 10- and 11-day Sunfarer cruises on the Panama Canal with partial visits to the Panama Canal and Lake Gatun, and three seven-day Eastern Caribbean itineraries.
- Nieuw Statendam: from 21. November 2021 till 27. November 2021. March 2022: 15 cruises in the Eastern, Western, Southern and Tropical Caribbean, from seven to 11 days.
- All itineraries include a visit to Half Moon Cay, Holland America Line’s private island in the Bahamas. It is a true haven with the Caribbean’s best beaches, a 700-acre natural lagoon, incredible two-story villas and private cottages, delicious restaurants like the Lobster Shack, and a variety of exciting shore excursions for nature lovers, adventure seekers and explorers.
While Holland America is serving the United States again, the situation in other parts of the world is not so good. There are new cancellations of cruises in Asia, Australia and New Zealand and South America for the rest of 2021.
Also read : Holland America Line cancels cruises, new ship remains in reserve
Other cancellations include cruises with the Noordam in Asia, the Oosterdam in Australia and the Westerdam in South America. The autumn flights to Volendam and Zaandam have also been cancelled. Affected customers are offered a number of options, including a switch to a similar cruise in 2022, a 110% credit on a future cruise, or even a full refund.
Holland America Line is a cruise line owned by Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean Cruises. It has six ships, two in the United States and four in Europe. This year, Holland America, which is owned by Carnival Corp., will restart six ships. The line said its four ships in the U.S. will sail from New York, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles, respectively, and its two ships in Europe will sail from Liverpool, England, and Amsterdam. Holland America will be the 11th line to restart a fleet in the U.S. this year, according to Cruise Critic.. Read more about holland america line news and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Holland America cruises are Cancelled?
As winter approaches, cruise lines are under pressure to make their ships available for booking in advance, because a significant amount of business is booked well in advance. To make sure that happens, many lines are launching new schedules that take place during the summer months of September through May, or during February through April. In the summer of 2016, a series of hurricanes hit the Caribbean and U.S. including hurricanes Florence and Irma which caused major damage to several cruise ships which were running their trips from U.S. to the Caribbean. To make matters worse, a number of hurricanes hit the U.S. in the fall of 2016 which caused a number of cruise ships to cancel their trips, including Holland America Line, Royal Caribbean and Viking.
Is Holland America Cancelling 2021 cruises?
This fall will see Holland America Cruise Line’s sixth ship back from drydock in Rotterdam, Netherlands, the MS Veendam. The ship, which was launched in 2010, this time will be sporting a fresh coat of paint and a modernized interior. This will mark the first Holland America vessel to take place of Holland America Line’s 21 vessels, which include the MS Westerdam, MS Noordam, MS Rotterdam, MS Ryndam, MS Veendam, MS Koningsdam, MS Prinsendam and MS Oosterdam. Or, as we like to call it, the Trip of a lifetime. Holland America is canceling its cruises from the U.S. to Brazil in 2021. The reason? The company’s partners, Carnival Corporation & plc, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., and Princess Cruises, are preparing to launch a new fleet of ships that will sail in the Caribbean and Mexico. The new ships will open new destinations in three years, according to Holland America.
Are 2021 cruises being Cancelled?
The new cruise season is about to begin, and Holland America is ready to sail. The company that is the leader for cruise vacations in the U.S. announced that it has fixed the issues with the two ships that were sending thousands of passengers back to their homeport. Now, with the ships back in service, Holland America is ready to sail once again. In September of 2018, Holland America announced that all six of their ships would resume their transatlantic journeys that fall, restarting their regular transatlantic cruises from the U.S. to Europe. The last ships to start transatlantic journeys in the fall of 2018 were Holland America Line’s ms Amsterdam in Europe and ms Zuiderdam in Canada and the Caribbean.
holland america announcementholland america cruises 2022holland america news releasesholland america cancelled cruisesholland america alaska cruise 2022holland america alaska cruises 2021,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,MS Rotterdam,MS Bolette,MS Koningsda…,MS Borealis,MS Zaandam,SS Rotterdam,See more,holland america cancelled cruises,holland america cruise cancellations due to coronavirus,holland america alaska cruise 2022,holland america alaska cruises 2021,holland america line news,norwegian cruise line,which ships is holland america selling,holland america cruise deals